Elementary Teacher K-5
New Vision Charter School – Loveland, Colorado
Kindergarten thru 8th grade public charter school
New Vision Charter School is seeking teachers who share our commitment to helping students achieve excellence in and out of the classroom. We seek to provide students with an academically rigorous, content-rich, Core Knowledge curriculum in an environment in which character is modeled and promoted.
- Must possess a current Colorado teacher license with endorsement in Elementary Education
- Must have passing score on PLACE or Praxis in Elementary Education
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, or related field.
- Experience in or familiarity with Core Knowledge Curriculum preferred
- Teaches appropriate, grade level, standards-based Core Knowledge curriculum
- Thorough understanding of the teaching/learning process and a knowledge of best instructional practices
- Ability to create a rigorous, well managed, risk-free, and nurturing classroom environment
- Communicate with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Ability to integrate technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, office staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills.
- Continuous growth and development in the grade level and content area
- Willingness to take responsibility for decisions made and actions taken
- Desire to seek advice as necessary when making decisions
- Commitment to the school mission and vision
- Familiarity and comfort with modern technology
- Willingness to commit the time and effort to achieve success
- Model and instruct positive character traits
- Develop lesson plans in line with the New Vision Charter School philosophy and Core Knowledge curriculum
- Attend meetings, conferences, and professional development trainings as required
- Coordinate special events and field trips to enrich curriculum
Are you a teacher who:
- Builds a classroom culture where challenge is expected and valued?
- Exhibits high expectations in lesson planning and delivery?
- Explicitly shares your high expectations and provides the structure and resources to support learners?
- Collaborates, flexes, stretches and adapts to work effectively with all staff and students?
- Displays a growth mindset about personal and professional challenges?
- Plans meaningful ways to teach concepts so that all learners are challenged?
- Believes that excellent outcomes are possible for all students?
If these ideals excite and motivate you, we want to hear from you!
New Vision Charter School Mission Statement
Our Mission is to be a public school of choice that will produce high achieving model citizens through a content rich educational program and a partnership of students, parents, staff and the community.
How to Apply:
To apply for open positions, please fill out the online application and submit a letter of interest, current resume, three letters of reference and a copy of current Teacher Certification/License to Mr. Tim Bishop, email: email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Tags: #job descriptionDownload Full Image