Mobile Software Developer Job Description
Mobile Software Developer
Evergreen Life was founded in 2014 by Stephen Critchlow, a health entrepreneur with decades of NHS experience. We believe passionately in People Powered Health. Between us we have over 40 years’ clinical experience and over 70 years of experience in healthcare IT. Our mission is about putting people at the heart of every decision involving their health.
Mobile and digital technology is transforming healthcare and wellbeing services in the UK. Would you like to join a passionate and innovative team of developers, IT professionals and clinicians where you will help to empower patients and transform healthcare through new digital solutions?
This hands-on role will be involved in developing public facing mobile app and web solutions, as well as enterprise scalable software capable of supporting complex mapping and transformation services. The right candidate will be expected to apply their skills and work across all layers (Database, business, front end).
You will join our team of digital health development experts in Manchester, and get stuck right in! Building on your previous experience you will be given the opportunity to select an appropriate blend of open source technologies, commercial products and develop new libraries from scratch to shape the next generation of Healthcare applications.
Your software will operate in a cloud infrastructure servicing the latest mobile applications with an emphasis on delivering a high quality user experience to the general public and healthcare professionals alike.
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain solutions with limited direction.
- Perform source code/versioning management function adhering to technical architectural and process guidelines
- Perform code peer reviews
- Collaborate with application, customer and project team(s)
- Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of application standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensure application development deliverables are completed on time, budget, and quality
- Research and recommend appropriate application development best practices, and tools
- Develop and apply business knowledge in one or more functional areas
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites
- A candidate joining the Evergreen team must have a proven record of adaptability, and an ability and willingness to learn new technologies on the fly
- While relevant experience in healthcare or wellbeing isn’t essential to this role’s success, an interest and a finger on the pulse of mhealth, digital health and the burgeoning wellbeing and fitness market would be highly beneficial
- This new addition to the team will be used to shifting priorities, and keep a cool head during times of change and in a fast-paced working environment
- Collaborative working is essential, delivering excellent quality outputs with total ownership
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required
- The ideal candidate has solid experience in the development of mobile technologies (circa 5 years or more)
- You will have a flexible attitude to development, willing to work with any type of technique and technology suitable to achieve the objective at hand
- Experience working within an Agile environment is key to integrating quickly with the team
- Comfortable utilising Open Source technologies and a willingness to adopt best practice and tool-sets rather than re-create
Desirable additional skills;
- Data Interoperability knowledge preferably gained in the Healthcare sector, with any skills/experience in integration technologies including HL7, TCP/IP, Web Services and Message Queuing
- Strong working knowledge of .NET and/or Java and associated platforms and tool sets
- Broad awareness of middle-ware integration platforms gained in an environment utilising products such as Mirth, Ensemble, WebSphere or Biztalk. Knowledge of design patterns useful
- Knowledge of Apple/Google/Windows App store release process useful but not essential
- Experience in Relational or NoSQL database technologies. Knowledge of Mongo DB useful but not essential
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com
Tags: #job description