Phonathon Caller Job Description
The CCS Phonathon is part of the College’s Annual Fund. Gifts are solicited on an annual basis using a variety of methods. Gifts generated by the Annual Fund are used to support students, faculty development, scholarships, departments, programs and a multitude of other initiatives.
Calling shifts will take place Sept. 26-Oct. 21
(Saturday dates are excluded)
Monday through Friday: 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. (if needed)
Training is provided and is paid—if and only if the student begins their first calling shift. Those who do not follow through and come to their first shift will not be paid for training.
- Contact alumni and donors of the college, by telephone, to secure gifts towards the CCS Annual Fund or other specified initiative
- Serve as a representative of CCS by informing alumni about accomplishments and activities occurring on campus
- Clearly and accurately update and verify all alumni and donor demographics
- Accurately record the results of every telephone conversation
- Arrive in a timely manner with a positive attitude to scheduled calling shifts
- Gain an understanding of the College, its organizational structure, and its financial needs
- Remain informed about campus events and news items
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlined by Institutional Advancement and the Phonathon
- Currently enrolled in classes at CCS (or enrolled for the Fall if working over the summer)
- Not on academic probation
- In possession of a valid social security card
- Completion of any required Human Resources forms
- Demonstrate strong and clear verbal communication skills and a comfortable speaking voice
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for CCS
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present facts in a concise and persuasive manner
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team setting and a results oriented environment
- Starting hourly rate for new callers is $9.50/hour.
E-mail your completed application to Anthony Spangler, Asst. Director, Annual Giving &Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
By Sept. 21, 2016, 11:59 p.m.
Tags: #job descriptionDownload Full Image