Joe Bloggs – Curriculum Vitae
- First Name(s)
- Place of birth
- DOB (date of Birth) – [optional – include if you think helpful towards job requirements]
- Telephone numbers
Personal Statement / Profile / Attributes
- Create up to 5-7 descriptive bullet-point phrases that describe your strengths and attributes.
- These statements should also reflect the personal qualities that the employer seeks.
- Keep the statements simple and clear; one line for each statement.
- Use a consistent format and readable typeface; use professional, concise, intelligent language.
- Use good, appropriate punctuation; semi-colons are effective for joining word-strings.
Ensure you can provide an example (at interview) for every statement you
make on your CV
- school, college, dates, etc
- subject / qualifications or if still to take add target grades
- Name of employer / its field of activity
- Your job role in the company and the tasks you performed
- The period of time that you worked for the company in years / months / weeks
Skills / Achievements
- List any achievements, explaining what you did and what was achieved.
- Any additional languages you can speak
- List any computer application skills
- List any vocational qualifications like first aid certificate
Hobbies / Interests
It is helpful to show hobbies/interests that reflect personal qualities that relate to the job requirements.
References (these are optional and available on request) you are usually asked to provide TWO referees one is usually a character reference and the other a professional reference.
- Name, Position, address
- Contact email and telephone number