Sample Chef or Cook Resume
John M. BrownExecutive Chef / Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef
101 Mountain Avenue Fry City, NY 10012 (212)555-1212
Education and Professional Associations
The Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park, New York
Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.) Degree in Culinary Arts Management
Active member of the American Culinary Federation (ACF) as well as the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Culinary Skills / Knowledge
· Certified Master Chef
· Hiring and Training
· Planning and Organizing a Restaurant
· Wines and Spirits Management
· Roasting, Braising, Sautéing Skills
· Meat Fabrication
· Nutritional Cooking
· Advanced Pastry Techniques
· Advanced Baking Principles
- Successfully staffed, ordered food, prepared meals, maintained food and labor costs for a fine dining restaurant which converted to a prime rib house, serving steaks and seafood.
- Attained level of Certified Master Chef from American Culinary Federation, demonstrating skills to perform culinary art to the very highest of standards.
- Received Chef of the Year award in 2013 from the New York Institute of Culinary Arts.
The Plaza Hotel and Restaurant, New York, New York 11/2007 – Present
Chef de Cuisine
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of food preparation at a notable five star restaurant. Reorganized kitchen operations and hired all staff including bar and wait staff. Created award winning cuisine that balanced taste as well as nutritional value. Assisted Executive Chef in the preparation of all catering engagements.
Continental Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware 09/2005 – 10/2007
Supervised cooks and managed the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of all food items. Estimated food consumption, nutritional value, and purchases of food for a hospital of 135 beds. Assisted in cooking and preparing of food. Maintained kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
Dominion Country Club, Hayeville, Delaware 05/2002 – 09/2005
Served as line cook in regionally recognized country club. Assembled food according to established guidelines, prepared food for grilling as well as salad preparation. Cooked food according to club recipes. Performed a wide range of kitchen duties. Responsible for cash management and interactions with client/customers on a regular basis.
Tags: #Cook ResumeDownload Full Image