Kenneth Walling, EMCM
Proposed RDC Warehouse Manager (Key Personnel)
- Distribution and logistics manager with more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations and inventory management
- Directs inventory management and order fulfillment for Federal and private-sector clients and information clearinghouses
- Ensures shipment of approximately 1.5 million items per month and fulfillment of 109,000 orders per year for a 50,000-square-foot warehouse
- Supervises large teams of staff in high-production environments under tight deadlines while maintaining high morale and productivity
- Led team that researched, selected, and implemented a new Warehouse Inventory Management System to enhance inventory organization, optimizespace utilization, and expedite distribution.
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure that materials and exhibits are shipped and received on time, exhibit fulfillment activities run smoothly, and that exhibits and ancillary materials are returned in good condition and on time
- Associate of Arts in Business, Axia College, University of Phoenix, 2008
Circle Solutions, Inc., 2001–Present
Director of Distribution Services
- Manages Circle’s 50,000-square-foot warehouse.
- Provides strategic direction for distribution services, including inventory management, order fulfillment, and support for administrative tasks such as bulk copying, special mailings, exhibit and conference support, and collating and decollating.
- Reviews records for accuracy and compliance with established procedures and provides cost projections and actual cost reporting on projects.
- Created more efficient pickline for order selection and increased productivity by 40 percent.
- Uses automated, custom-designed Integrated Clearinghouse System to manage inventory.
- Maintains a clean and organized facility, ensuring Occupational Safety and Health Administration compliance and protecting the integrity of fulfillment services.
- Hires, coaches, mentors, counsels, and manages staff of 15 full-time employees and temporary staff.
- Supervises shipping and receiving functions and inventory control of more than 2,000 units.
- Advises clients on shipping and transportation options (United Parcel Service, FedEx, U.S. Postal Service (USPS), less-than-truck-load shipping, contract carriers, and courier services).
- Optimizes workflow and procedures to ensure accurate inventory control and flexible fulfillment solutions.
- Oversees storage and inventory management of more than 50 exhibits, including 40 floor exhibits, 7 tabletops, and ancillary conference materials for 6 Government projects.
- Manages building of pallets to ensure streamlined, economical shipment ofmore than 120 conference orders per year.
Streamline.com, Washington, DC, Division, 1999–2000
- Managed warehouse facilities, including design and layout of distribution center, staffing and management planning, logistics, and overall operations.
- Hired and managed a team of more than 50 employees during the successful launch of the new division.
- Oversaw receiving, order fulfillment, transportation, customer service, warehouse facility design and layout, staffing, logistics, and overall facility operations.
- Developed and managed operational functions and supply-side core processes in the Streamline.com business model, including product inventory handling and receiving, order fulfillment (including order “pick/pack” and deliver), transportation, and customer service.
- Served on a team that delivered 400 percent revenue growth, a 98.2 percent retention rate, and $5,000 in annualized revenue per customer account after initial 8 months of operation.
Scholastic Book Fairs, 1997–1999
- Managed all functions necessary to produce and distribute materials for 1,500 school book fairs annually.
- Maintained conference inventory materials, including numerous 8’ x 10’ exhibit structures, children’s books, and promotional items.
- Ensured accurate collation of exhibit orders, on-time shipping and receiving, and smooth coordination of related logistical tasks.
- Supervised 22 employees working in a 30,000-square-foot facility.
Operations Manager, 1995–1997
- Responsibilities included management of 25 employees in a “pick/pack” warehouse environment, as well as overseeing daily shipping and receiving of scholastic products and marketing materials.
- Maintained a neat, organized facility.
Midlantic Distribution, 1989–1995
- Supervised operations in a public distribution company—clients included Campbell’s Soup, Proctor & Gamble, Nestle Beverage, and other major manufacturers.
- Started up second shift for the Campbell’s Soup account, including hiring of new crew and setting shift procedures and goals.
- Transferred to the refrigerated warehouse to run all freezer accounts, including the company’s largest customer, Haagen-Dazs. Used custom computer systems to track inventory and orders.
- Controlled all operations for the receipt of trailer on flatcar truckload and less than truckload freight.
- Maintained shipping schedules for outbound truckload, less than truckload, military, and international shipments.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of the 168,000-square-foot warehouse, with a 22 –person staff, including 2 leadmen, and 1 clerk.
USPS Executive Mail Center Manager (EMCM) Program Certification
Bulk Mailer Training for Satori Bulk Mailer, Freelance Technologies
Bulk Mailer Training for FirstLogic Desktop Bulk Mailer, Freelance Technologies
National Institutes of Health Computer Security Awareness Training
Download Full Image