Here is The Free Nursing Resume Sample, You can Preview it here or Can Download it for free.
Free Nursing Resume Sample
Barbara S. Decker, RN
123 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 98119
425-555-0139 · someone @example.com
Dedicated and patient-focused Registered Nurse with proven strengths in acute patient care, staff development, and family advocacy.
- Exceptional capacity to multi-task: manage numerous, often competing priorities with ease and foster the provision of superior patient care.
- Administrative and referral experience including admissions, assessment, treatment, referral, and education for a wide range of patients.
- Widely recognized as an excellent care provider and patient advocate.
- Demonstrated ability to forge, lead, and motivate outstanding healthcare teams that provide top-quality patient care.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; superior accuracy in patient history, charting, and other documentation.
Certifications and Proficiencies
Certifications: Ventilator care; Telemetry; Phlebotomy; Basic life support; CCU
Proficiencies: Med/Surg; CCU; ER; Triple lumen CVP; AV fistulas; Care plan creation and administration; NG/Sump & Peg tubes; Patient/family education; Training and in-services; Meditech documentation
elm Hospital, Buffalo, New York 8/2002-Present
Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit
Serve as charge nurse caring for patients with acute illnesses, including acute congestive failure, acute myocardial infraction, drug overdose, massive trauma, respiratory failure, and disseminated intravascular coagulopathy. Promote health and support patients and families in coping with illness. Skilled in Hewlett Packard bedside monitoring, 12-lead EKG, and Bennett 7600 ventilator.
- Provide strong contributions as key member of unit quality assurance program designed to identify and evaluate problems, manage patient census, and allocate staff assignments.
- Exhibit motivation and dedication by providing the highest quality of care to each patient
oak Medical Center, Buffalo, New York 3/1999-8/2002
Emergency Staff Nurse
Provided care for patients suffering from trauma, acute chest pain, respiratory failure/complaints, drug overdoses, acute alcohol ingestion, and gastrointestinal bleeds. Acquired and recorded patient information. Prepared patients for surgical and radiological procedures, initiated and maintained intravenous therapy, and operated 12-lead EKG.
- Implemented and coordinated ongoing staff education program.
- Contributed substantially to successful JCAHO accreditation within the department.
Aspen Hospital, Buffalo, New York 1994-1998
Delivered a complete range of RN services and expertise. Accurately obtained and documented patient history and medication lists, assessed individual conditions and needs, and selected departmental referrals for acute and chronically ill patients. Prepared equipment and assisted physicians during patient examinations and treatments. Monitored patient reactions to drugs and carefully documented progress of individuals participating in clinical trials.
- Repeatedly commended by patients and supervisors for outstanding quality of care; received consistent mention in care-survey responses.
- Maintained a high degree of accuracy to achieve optimal patient acuity monitoring.
- Significantly improved facility’s public image by ensuring exceptional patient satisfaction.
sage State Prison, Buffalo, New York 1992-1994
Provided triage, referrals, direct nursing care, and medication administration to incarcerated population. Organized and managed regular clinics involving external physicians, including ophthalmology, ENT, Med/Surg, orthopedics, and podiatry professionals. Scheduled and managed external medical consultations in concert with security and other necessary personnel. Created, managed, and maintained patient medical and health records.
- Selected to serve as Infection Control Coordinator, maintaining tuberculosis and hepatitis standards and conducted screenings and preventive activities.
- Organized and facilitated meetings with security managers to ensure infection-control policy compliance.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN (1992)
sage State University – Buffalo, New York
Registered Nurse (RN), State of New York
Download Full Image