Librarian Resume Template
MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick [Your Name]
MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick [Street Address]Type your address here, MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick [City, ST ZIP Code]Type your address here
MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick [phone]
MACROBUTTON DoFieldClick [e-mail]
Desire a Challenging Position as Senior Librarian to Assist People in Finding Information and Using it Effectively for Personal and Professional Purposes.
A highly talented and qualified Librarian with proven expertise in overseeing the selection and organization of library materials; managing staff and developing and directing information programs and systems for the public; ensuring that information is organized in a manner that meets users' needs.
Summary of Qualifications
Over 15 years of Solid experience.
Solid organizational skills.
Excellent ability to communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds.
High standard of knowledge of a wide variety of scholarly and public information sources; and excellent memory.
Proficiency at following trends related to publishing, computers, and the media in order to oversee the selection and organization of library materials.
Remarkable skill in interviewing the public to determine which materials fulfill their needs.
Immense ability to learn, understand and execute complex policies, procedures and library systems, technology and equipment.
Uncommon ability to meet deadlines.
Excellent ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, colleagues, and the general public, including people of all ages, people with disabilities, and people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
Remarkable ability to work independently and to exercise discretion in the absence of specific instructions.
Sound ability to work as a member of a team and to adapt quickly to change.
Ability to work evening and weekend hours at various locations as scheduled
Uncommon ability to retrieve and replace materials on shelves at various heights, propel a loaded shelving cart weighing up to 335 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet on a carpeted surface.
Excellent knowledge of and skill in using the Windows operating system, an Internet browser, and word processing and spreadsheet software.
State Library, Stony Point, NY 2000 - Present
- Analyze users' needs to determine what information is appropriate, as well as search for, acquire, and provide the information.
- Help users navigate the Internet so they can search for relevant information efficiently.
- Acquire and prepare materials for use.
- Oversee the management and planning of libraries: negotiate contracts for services, materials, and equipment; supervise library employees; perform public-relations and fundraising duties; prepare budgets; and direct activities to ensure that everything functions properly.
- Read book reviews, publishers' announcements, and catalogues to keep up with current literature and other available resources; select and purchase materials from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Prepare new materials by classifying them by subject matter and describe books and other library materials to make them easy to find.
- Supervise assistants, who prepare cards, computer records, and other access tools that direct users to resources.
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on particular subjects; analyze collections; and recommend materials.
- Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in a specific field, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
- Coordinate programs such as storytelling for children and literacy skills and book talks for adults, conduct classes, publicize services, provide reference help, write grants, and oversee other administrative matters.
State Library, Stony Point, NY 1993 - 2000
- Provided a range of front-line lending services, including issue and discharge of books, took fines and fees, delt with enquiries related to overdue books and fines, and other lending matters, referred the more complex of these to senior personnel.
- Organized the work of Student Library Assistants on duty and reported as necessary to the shift supervisor.
- Received members queries, controlled access to the Library, delt with exit barrier incidents and general enquiries related to the Library.
- Undertook a variety of activities within the Library to include dealing with reserved books, processing membership, shelving and shelf-checking, recording lost property and dealing with routine photocopier problems.
- Searched databases in order to locate and access material held by the Library or other institutions to assist academic staff, researchers and other students with their studies and research.
- Offered general advice to library users on library materials to enable them to pursue their study/research/teaching effectively. This involved answering ad hoc enquiries and participating in organized enquiry service.
- Carried out a range of financial management duties including the daily reconciliation of cash, use of the Library's financial management system for purchasing and sales invoices.
State Library, Stony Point, NY 1990 - 1993
- Performed materials circulation functions including checkout, checking, and renewal.
- Searched for and collected requested materials, processed materials on hold, notified patrons and monitored and maintained reserved materials shelves.
- Recommended library materials to patrons and referred them to various services, collections and areas of the library.
- Collected fines and other money; maintained patron financial records and issue receipts for lost and damaged materials.
- Effectively responded to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Communicated information to patrons about registration procedures, distributed and evaluated card applications, issued library cards, and assigned statistical codes.
- Acknowledged complaints and problems and resolved them within areas of authority.
- Provided instruction to patrons by explaining and demonstrating the proper use of equipment, library automation system and online resources.
- Operated and maintained a variety of library and office equipment.
New York University, NY
MS Library Science (1995)
New York University, NY
BS Library Science (1992)
Computer Skills: Windows, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Word, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexus, Lotus Notes and Excel