This is a free Developer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Developer Job.
Developer Job Description
- Creates efficient and logical databases for clients.
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Manages resources within budget and project schedule.
- Reviews work of team.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients.
Sample Developer Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Developer
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Expertise in developing portal using SharePoint portal server 2003
- Developed WINForms and WebForms, and provided support for Web Services as well as implemented data binding.
- Excellent communication skills, Exceptional problem solving capabilities
- Migrated some applications from asp.net 1.x to asp.net 2.0.
- Involved in interviews for assessment of new potential Candidates
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Developer applying for a job would look like,
Pfizer Pharmaceutical, New Delhi, 2006-Present
- Client discussions to gather requirements.
- Closely worked with Project Managers to manage the project scope, identify & deploy the appropriate resources to support the systems development efforts.
- Drawing used case, association, class, activity Diagrams prototype design
- Involved in coding in creating event driven Windows Application Services using C#.Net. Prepared, callable statement to connect with database.
- Trouble shooting, Bug Tracking, Bug fixing and helping others.
- Creating .Net Framework customized classes that would be used later as the building blocks for the application.
- Developed Customized Win forms, Win Controls, Functional Library, Data Components
- Developed event driven customized distributed COM components to interact across application domains.
- Code Conversions from VB6,VBA to .Net library class functions
- Develop interfaces to the application using XML.
- Resolving backward compatibility issues such Version conflict, Error reporting.
GE Healthcare, Banglore, 2004-2005
- Led and motivated a development team.
- Analyzed user specifications for workability, completeness and business flow
- Participated in defining System Design, Architecture and Specifications Responsible for writing Stored Procedures in SQL 2000/2005.
- Performed project and task estimation
- Performed Coding/Programming tasks to specification and in accordance with Development standards
- Documented and coding Technical artifacts
- Developed test plans and participating in Code Testing to ensure workability, completeness, quality and "best practices"
- Researched and resolved Coding issues
- Performed unit testing
- Involved in code review
- Assisting in mapping-out of system dependencies
- Assisting in the development of standards and deployment of applications
- Environment: C#, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VSS, SQL server 2005, IIS, XML, NUnit
ANGRAU (Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University), AP, 2002-2003
- Designed ASP.net Web pages.
- Creation of Master Pages
- Gathered and analyzed the client requirements.
- Created user controls for the application.
- Extensively worked on ADO.NET to access data from SQL Server
- Used strongly typed datasets for database operations
- Created the database tables for the application.
- Created the Stored Procedures and Functions in the database.
- Integrated the developed modules to the Payment Gateway application.
- Review and Testing of the developed modules. Prepared the technical documentation for the application
- Environment: ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, SQL SERVER 2000, IIS and Windows 2000.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Developer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- B.Sc.(Computer Science)
Arya College of Science and Management, 2000
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Developer would look like,
- Received the Programmer of the Year award in 2005 by Pfizer Pharmaceutical, New Delhi.
- Member of CRY, Child relief and You, since 2000
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Developer could also look like,
Salary Range of a Developer
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 27000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 3 Lakhs to 3.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $9500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Developer Interview Question
- Are you more energized by working with data or by collaborating with other individuals?
- How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
- How will the academic program and coursework you've taken benefit your career?
- Which college classes or subjects did you like best? Why?
- What do you know about our organization?
- Would you describe a few situations in which your work was criticized?
- Why are you leaving your present position?
- Do you expertise in some plat form?