Receptionist Job Description
The receptionist staffs the front desk and is often the first contact patients, volunteers and community members have with Casa de Salud. It is important that the receptionist be courteous, helpful and professional in all interactions. The receptionist also has significant roles in maintaining patient medical records and managing transactions for services. There are several receptionists who work together to staff the front desk, and communication and patient tracking must transition smoothly among staff. These duties require attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures.
- Greet patients and agency visitors; direct people to the appropriate location and services; be courteous, polite and helpful to the public and clients at all times
- Maintain patient sign-in sheet
- Assist patients in accurately completing and signing appropriate forms; input the forms into the electronic medical record
- Schedule patient appointments according to established procedures
- Track patient data including no-shows, waiting lists, payment plans, etc.
- Protect patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of all personal and financial information
- Collect patient fees and document all transactions according to protocols; prepare, balance and submit daily financial documentation
- Manage the cash box, and transfer daily receipts into safe
- Assure readiness of the reception area for each working day; open building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours; notify the appropriate person if there are any problems
- Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls according to established protocols; listen and respond, as appropriate, to voice messages
- Secure building at the close of each working day; turn off or unplug appliances and machines according to agency protocols and lock all entrances
- Participate in staff and educational meetings
- Provide administrative support to clinical staff including providing schedules, scanning and uploading records, responding to records requests, interpreting, among other duties
- Maintain and manage patient records in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- Communicate regularly with clinic manager and administrator
- Pull and file patient charts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- · Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- · Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish required
- · Prior receptionist experience preferred
- · Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- · Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills
- · Ability to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds
- · Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to come up to speed on
Casa’s Electronic Medical Record system
· Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
· Typical work hours include business hours, evenings and weekends
This position is part-time. Part-time employees are not eligible for benefits
Casa de Salud considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews are ongoing.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and salary history to Jorge Riopedre, Executive Director, email@example.com or 3200 Chouteau Ave. St. Louis, MO 63103.
Tags: #job descriptionDownload Full Image