Download Full Image
24 Ferris Ave Suite # 1
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone : (203) 750-5116
Email : email@example.com
Awarded DBAof the Year by Oracle in 2003, a worldwide recognition. Senior Database Architect, DBA, Modeler, published author with more 10 Years of Experience as an Oracle DBA, with publications in reputed journals and presentations at international conferences.
§ Oracle 9i Internals
§ Oracle 8i Parallel Server (OPS)
§ Real Application Clusters (RAC)
§ Performance Tuning
§ Security Administration
§ Distributed Databases
§ Disaster Recovery Solutions
§ Database Design
§ System Design
§ Data Modeling
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Standby Database Solutions
- Oracle 9i Data warehousing
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- XML and Web Integration
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Pro*C and C
- Unix, Solaris, HPUX, Tru64, AIX
§ Windows NT, 2000
§ Project Management
Major Demonstrated Strengths
- Author of the book “Oracle Privacy Security Auditing” by Rampant TechPress.
- Has endeavored excellence by focusing solely on Oracle database technology making him richer by depth of experience.
- Has demonstrated depth of knowledge by presenting at several technical conferences and having written articles published in reputed journals and online magazines.
- Result oriented, analytical and self-driven professional seasoned with years of working in a dual role of design/architecture and production support.
Jan 2002 – Present: Senior Oracle Database Administrator at IntelliClaim, Inc.
- Designed, implemented and supported the Claims Warehouse Database for IntelliClaim application at Oxford, Cigna and other major Insurance Carriers, which is expected to save $4 billion a year for the carriers.
- Designed and Implemented Oracle Disaster Recovery Solutions for customers saving them $10 million by using only Oracle products.
- Lead Production Support and Design DBA
Jan 2001 – Dec 2001: Senior Oracle Database Administrator at Oxford Health Plans
- Implemented, administered and subsequently tuned a 1000+ GB database for claims and fraud detection to help save the company an estimated $34 million a year using Oracle Parallel Server and Replication on Sun Platform, EMC disk array and Veritas File System. Was the production support DBA.
- Administered and tuned the Oracle Claim processing system database and data warehouse system totaling more than 4 TB. Was a principal member of the team to migrate database from older version of Oracle Parallel Server to a newer system on HP UX. Task was completed before time and saved the company about $4 million in development costs.
- Tuned the above systems resulting in 20% overall performance increase.
April 2000 – Jan 2001 Senior Oracle Database Administrator at Priceline.Com
- Modeled, designed, implemented and administered the financial services division. Made the database web enabled using Oracle tools and XML and was the principal business-to-business architect for the division.
- Helped save the company $4 million a year in reduction on other companies for financial transactions using the b2b approach.
- Was the member of the Technical Architecture Team and Production Support DBAs.
- Setup oracle replication of data from production to reporting databases.
Sep 1996 – Apr 2000 Lead Oracle DBA at Lucent Technologies
- Designed, developed and managed a unique solution of virtual integrated databases for the customer inventory systems using Oracle based tools. This saved the company yearly $5 million in terms of processing costs and $45 million for lost revenues and inaccurate billing and helped managers look at data at near real time and as a whole.
- Managed a team of 15 DBAs for Design, Development and Production support
- Administered 50+ Oracle databases totaling 5000 GB, both OLTP and data warehouse.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan for the Oracle Databases at the division.
- Directed the Oracle Upgrade and Year 2000 projects and completed before time.
- Designed, implemented and administered a database system for managers to proactively seek out potentially faulty equipments at customer sites. The system developed before time helped save the company estimated $500 million a year in legal bills.
- Implemented and managed the database portion of MidasTouch, a sales tool for the division that saved the company millions in terms of accurate sales calls.
- Setup and managed replication among several databases.
June 1996 – September 1996 Oracle Database Administrator at Yale University
- Administered and provided production DBA support to the several databases of Financial Data Warehouse.
- Developed the distributed database systems reducing significant load on the databases.
- Tuned the databases resulting in a 10% performance boost (20% is excellent).
June 1995 – May 1996 Oracle DBA at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia
- Administered the 60 GB “hub” databases used in customer care, authorization and claims management. Was production support DBA.
- Designed and implemented the Distributed Database features helping save the company approximately $1 million per year in maintenance.
Mar 1993 – May 1995 Oracle DBA at Tata Consultancy Services
- Designed, developed Oracle based total banking solution. The system had 5000 tables and 15000 stored procedures, among others.
- Researched and led the team on export-impot and forex transactions.
- Served as DBA and Project Manager at several client companies like Citibank.
- Managed a team of 50 DBAs and Developers.
Other Miscellaneous Short-Term Work
- Financial Services System for Account Management, Security Modeling and Accounting for a financial services firm that enabled it to serve a wider spectrum of customers.
- Training Management solution in Oracle database for TCS helping the company save significant amounts in setting up the trainee and trainer groups.
- Material Management system in Oracle database for a electronics components manufacturer resulting in impressive cost savings and customer satisfaction.
- Inventory Control Simulation System for Coats Viyella to help logistics managers decide on several logistical parameters in an uncertain environment.
Publications and Presentations (www.proligence.com/downloads.html)
Virginia Oracle Technical Conference, Oct 2002, Richmond, VA
Atlantic Oracle Technology Conference, Nov 2002, Washington, DC
New York Oracle User Group Meet, Dec 2002 and Dec 2003, New York, NY
International Oracle User Group Live! April 2003, Orlando, FL
Oracle Technology Symposium, March 2003, Stamford, CT
Oracle World, September 2003, San Francisco, FL
Oracle Magazine, the premier flagship publication of Oracle Corp, Dec 2003
Select, the journal of International Oracle User Group, Quarter 3, 2002; Quarter 1 and 3, 2003
Oracle Scene, the journal of United Kingdom Oracle User Group, Winter 2002 and Summer 2003
SQLUpdate, the journal of Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group, Fall 2002
TechJournal, the journal of New York Oracle User Group, Regular Writer in DBA Corner
DBAZine.com, the premier online magazine, Dec 2002; Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep 2003
1993-1995 DBA Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services
- Senior DBA Consultant at Lanco Global Solutions
2002-present President, Proligence, Inc.
1993, Master in Business Administration (MBA) – Xavier Institute of Management, India
1991, Bachelor of Engineering (BE) – Sambalpur University, India
Available Upon Request