Staff Nursing Resume
Main Street, Ballintuber, Co. Sligo
As a final year Student Nurse with previous community experience and a strong commitment to providing quality care in the community, I am keen to undertake my first post as a qualified nurse in a Primary Health Care Team.
Skills and Achievements
- Theatre Care Nursing, Paediatrics and A&E.
- Communicating with doctors, patients, other departments and co-workers about patient care, locating and sharing resources and organising of patient care.
- Specialist equipment includes: anaesthetic machine, intubation equipment, patient care record on computer, handling surgical/anaesthetic instruments, medications.
- Promoted health care for both patients and their families, dissemination of information to support groups.
- Developed knowledge, skills and expertise in nursing the critically ill.
- Experienced in musculoskeletal injuries and pain management.
- Expert in moving and handling.
- Trained junior Nursing Students.
- Diabetic care experience: planning, implementing and evaluating care whilst utilising. available resources such as the diabetes specialist nurse.
2006 – 2010 Athlone Institute of Technology, Athlone, Co Westmeath
2009-2010 Bachelor of Science Degree in General Nursing
Expected 2:1 Honours Degree
2006-2008 BscGeneral Nursing (Ordinary)
2001 – 2006 St. Joseph’s Secondary school, Ballintuber, Co. Sligo
Irish HC, Maths OC, English HB, French HB, Art HB, Accountancy HA,
2006 A Neighbourhood Study - “Survey of the health needs of the local
community”. Identified services available and ways in which they could be improved in relation to Health of the Nation targets. Considered demographic, economic and political issues. Gained great insight into local community health needs. Result: 1:1
ECDL: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Advanced Excel
2006-Present “Aware” Centre, Volunteer
As a volunteer at this informal drop-in centre for people who have suffered mental ill health, I help to provide a welcoming environment, and was involved in setting up a photography activities group. This developed my interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively with a wide range of individuals.
Placements St Joseph’s Hospital, Galway, Student Nurse
2006 Women’s Surgical Unit
2007 Men’s Surgical Unit
2008 Paediatric Unit
2009 Casualty Unit
2008-Present Boot’s Chemist
Sales Assistant (weekend work)
During my time with Boot’s I have been promoted from stock maintenance to cashier, with sole responsibility at weekends for organising part-time staff rota’s and tasks. Also responsible for training in new part-time staff.
2007 St Martin’s Day Care Centre, Galway – Care Assistant
Worked as a member of the care-team, providing quality care and personal support to individuals with severe mental learning disabilities, their families and carers. This gave me an insight into care in the community and the role of the multi-disciplinary team. In addition to supporting the work of carers and families I was introduced to the work of other agencies and groups of professionals. My employment as a Care Assistant helped to confirm my choice of nursing as a career.
- Developed ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team through voluntary activity and practical experience gained as a care assistant and student nurse.
- Undergraduate college Mentor for two years, which served me well when supervising junior nursing students on placement who approached me for advice and guidance.
- Class Representative for Third Year. Participated in course management meetings and Curriculum Development Group raising issues on behalf of student nurses and following up with progress reports.
- Gaisce Silver Award.
Ø I play football for my local club and this season I am captain of the team.
- For the past three years I held the position as Sligo Community Games Youth Officer and my main duties were attending meeting, organizing events and preparing children for competition.
- Travel: Backpacked around Australia and Far East last summer and the US previously. I’m hoping to visit South America this coming summer.
Jane Smith Lecturer, Nursing Department, Athlone Institute of Technology, Tel: 0906424444
Mary Turley Ward Sister, Female Surgical Unit, St Joseph’s Hospital, Galway, Tel: 091-3333333
Tags: #nursing resume sampleDownload Full Image