Having a simple layout on your resume is the key to get noticed by potential employers. Nowadays, employers dont seem to have a lot of time to read through a resume to see if they can find the right candidate for their vacancy. When its presented in a simple one page format, they love scanning through it to determine whether conducting the next interview is worth their time.
Below is a sample for public relation or communication type job.
3345 Night Side Lane
Lowell, OR 00000
Experienced communicator with 20 years of experience as a director of information, dealing with university and state officials. Also skilled in working with the general public and local non-profit and community groups.
Director of Public Information/Community Relations Gwagdon University, Callaway, OR
- Developed contacts with local news reporters to increase coverage of university news, including student achievements, university accomplishments, faculty recognition and sporting events.
- Wrote or approved for release all official university press releases and conducted news conferences and telephone interviews to explain, promote and clarify the schools stance on issues.
- Wrote or edited all releases for monthly Dean’s and President’s meetings as well as other official meetings and conferences.
- Founded, produced and hosted local TV program dedicated to promoting the university and its student body and staff.
August 1984-August 1989
News Editor, The Rakefield Times, Rakefield, WA
- Managed a staff of fifteen reporters and editors and devised coverage and work schedules.
- Directed daily and weekly meetings regarding newspaper coverage, standards and goals.
- Increased both subscription and advertising revenue during tenure.
- Earned over fifty local, state and national newspaper awards
May 1981-August 1984
Staff Writer/Reporter, Home News, Mt. Opus, CA.
- Covered state business and our local state representatives
- Attended press conferences and shifted through press releases to find information worthy of more coverage and a newspaper article.
- Won five state journalist awards for state government coverage and investigative political reporting.
• 1981- BA in English and Communications, Hopewell College, San Polena, CA
- 1977- Graduated with honors from, Mt. Opus Senior High School, Mt. Opus, CA
Download Full Image