1135 Persimmon Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601 • (717) 381-6727 • email@example.com
University of Pittsburgh, School of Education
Masters of Education GPA to date: 3.99 / 4.0 06/2015
Awards: Warren Davis Shepler Endowed Scholarship, Merit Scholarship
University of Pittsburgh, School of Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish 04/2014
Awards: Magna Cum Laude
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate in Special Education (Grades 7 - 12) Anticipated Summer 2015
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate in Chemistry Anticipated Summer 2015
Student Teacher, Shaler Area High School Pittsburgh, PA
09/2014 – 04/2015
Chemistry Student Teacher
- Prepared daily lessons for two sections of Honors level Chemistry courses of 10th and 11th grade students.
- Designed and implemented both formative and summative assessments to evaluate student learning.
- Developed and implemented cumulative projects for students to show comprehensive understanding.
- Developed and supported high-demand tasks that challenged students to acquire or information in new methods.
- Integrated vocabulary instruction, discussion, and current events in science units.
Life Skills Special Education Student Teacher
- Independently designed and delivered interactive lessons in core academic areas as well as functional skills.
- Identified areas of need for individual students and developed related lesson plans for one-on-one instruction.
- Designed, implemented, and tracked progress for functional and academic instructional plans.
- Differentiated whole class lessons to match the needs of the different learners in the class.
Science Learning Support Special Education Student Teacher
- Led instruction for 9th and 10th grade intensive and learning support science classes.
- Supported a 9th and 10th grade emotional support science class.
- Administered and interpreted KeyMath and WRMT assessments; used data to write evaluations and IEPs.
- Completed a functional behavior assessment & a behavior intervention plan for a student receiving support for emotional and behavioral disorder.
Graduate Student Researcher, The Institute For Learning at The University of Pittsburgh 05/2014 – 05/2015
- Reviewed literature, formatted and compiled articles for use in professional development units in school districts.
- Compiled and analyzed data from professional development sessions for feedback.
Council for Exceptional Children, President Elect at The University of Pittsburgh 09/2014 – 05/2015
- Helped to design and develop events and facilitated interactions with other organizations in the community.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant at The University of Pittsburgh 08/2012 – 04/2014
- Taught with the Chemistry Department for General Chemistry I and II college courses.
- Led and tutored small groups of students (6-8 students) in a recitation setting.
- Designed and conducted a cumulative research project to advance the teaching program with the department.
President of Colleges Against Cancer at The University of Pittsburgh 07/2012 – 05/2013
- Lead organization meetings, planned fundraisers and events, led an executive board.
- Coordinated Relay For Life that raised $80,000 for the American Cancer Society.
Sheila Conway Aaron Kessler
Advisor and Program Coordinator Field Supervisor/Instructor
University of Pittsburgh University of Pittsburgh
5328 Wesley W. Posvar Hall 5521 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
230 South Bouquet Street 230 South Bouquet Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office: (412) 648-7212 Office: (412) 624-2131
Kaylee Wynkoop Jo Ann Noble
Field Supervisor High School Chemistry Teacher
University of Pittsburgh Shaler Area High School
5139 Wesley W. Posvar Hall 381 Wible Run Road
230 South Bouquet Street Pittsburgh, PA 15209
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: (412) 624-7258
Gina Mullen Damian Landolina
High School Life Skills Teacher High School Science Special Education Teacher
Shaler Area High School Shaler Area High School
381 Wible Run Road 381 Wible Run Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15209 Pittsburgh, PA 15209
A digital portfolio has been prepared using a Google Site. The following address should be used to access the portfolio:
Download Full Image