Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification, Elementary K-6
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification, Middle Level Mathematics 7-9
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification, Middle Level English 7-9
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification, Middle Level Science 7-9
Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification, Middle Level Citizenship Education 7-9
Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Master of Education, Elementary Education Certification
Expected Graduation August 2012, GPA 3.962
Edmonds Community College, Lynnwood, Washington
Case Management Studies
Attended January-June 2008, GPA 3.92
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science, Applied Developmental Psychology
April 2005, Summa cum Laude
Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Sociology-Human Services, Liberal Studies through Robert E. Cook Honors College
Attended August 2002-July 2003, QPA 3.73
Substitute Teaching Service, Media, PA; Colonial School District, Plymouth Meeting, PA; Spring-Ford Area School District
Substitute Teacher, 4/2011-Present
- Substituted in Elementary and Middle Schools in Phoenixville, Downingtown, Colonial, Methacton, Spring-Ford, and Perkiomen Valley School Districts.
- Taught all subject areas including Learning and Autism Support at the Elementary and Middle School Level.
- Provided consistency in behavioral management and learning by identifying established classroom routines and implementing them whenever possible.
- Used a variety of engagement strategies and adapted curriculum delivery to suit the needs of all learners and to ensure understanding.
- Frequently requested including for an extended period 5/10/11-6/8/11 for Physical and Health Education at the Phoenixville Area Kindergarten Center, Barkley Elementary, and Schuylkill Elementary.
Upper Providence Elementary, Royersford, Pennsylvania
Student Teacher, Grade 4, Fall 2010
- Integrated new technology, such as the SMART Board, in the classroom to promote a more engaging learning environment.
- Created and implemented child-centered lesson plans that met Pennsylvania State Standards and School District Curriculum, while integrating research-based best practices.
- Differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students including students with IEPs (Autism, Gifted, Learning Support, etc.) and multiple intelligences.
- Built relationships with students and the school community by participating in afterschool activities such as Bingo Night and Munch with the Monsters, and introducing double-dutch jump roping on the playground.
- Improved my professional knowledge by actively working with other members of the 4th grade team including the gifted, learning, and autism support teachers, other student teachers, and other 4th grade faculty, as well as attending a professional development seminar entitled, “Catching Struggling Readers Before They Fall.”
- Helped build strong partnerships with parents by participating in parent-teacher meetings, conferences, and a child study meeting. Used active listening to understand parental concerns and made and implemented suggestions for helping to ease their concerns.
PLEA School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Gained teaching experience with children ages 4-7 with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental delays and behavioral disorders in a therapeutic partial hospital classroom.
- Planned and implemented developmentally appropriate individual and group activities as well as implementing prescribed behavior plans.
- Conducted a case study of one student, tracking his development over the course of my internship.
- Conducted developmental assessments and used gathered data to help write an IEP with the lead teacher.
Early Childhood Education Experience:
Infant Teacher, Stepping Stone Education Center, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, 3/10-8/10
Lead Toddler Teacher, Tot Time, Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, 10/08-3/10
Early Childhood Specialist III, Ages 2½ to 5, Lake Washington Technical College, Kirkland, Washington, 7/07-12/07
Pre-K Teacher, Bright Horizons-Icos Kids, Bothell, Washington, 4/06-6/07
Child Care Provider, All Ages Infant-12 years, Graham Fitness, Graham, Washington, 1/02-8/02
- Created and implemented developmentally appropriate lesson plans adhering to Pennsylvania State Standards and using emergent curriculum.
- Created a more efficient lesson plan format to better demonstrate and incorporate Pennsylvania State Standards.
- Implemented positive guidance and routine-based classroom management strategies.
- Documented children’s growth and activities and maintained developmental portfolios for each child.
- Created center-based room arrangements to increase child engagement and decrease problem behaviors in my own classroom, as well as assisted my director in creating arrangements in other classrooms.
- Mentored other staff members in best practices.
- Fostered strong Parent-Teacher relationships through the use of newsletters, conferences, phone calls, and daily communications.
- Worked with parents to successfully integrate ESL students into an English Speaking classroom.
Other Teacher Related Experience
Clinician, Lindamood-Bell Learning Processess, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, 6/11-8/11
Private Tutor, 5th Grader with Autism, Anne Dreyer, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, 3/11-Present
Tutor and 2nd Grade Literacy Coach, Grades K-3, America Reads, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 9/04-12/04
Volunteer Tutor, Grades K-6, Salvation Army, Indiana, Pennsylvania, 10/02-4/03
Volunteer Kindergarten Classroom Aide, Graham Elementary School, Graham, Washington, 2/00-6/00
- Improved multitasking skills while implementing and recording clients’ instruction plans.
- Implemented Seeing Stars program, developing clients’ symbol imagery to improve word attack, word recognition, and fluency skills.
- Implemented Visualizing and Verbalizing program, developing clients’ concept imagery to improve reading comprehension.
- Developed and executed developmentally appropriate language arts lessons to improve comprehension and writing skills.
- Taught language arts lessons to small groups of 2nd
Honors and Community Activities
- Colonial Theater, Volunteer, 7/11-Present
- ETS Recognition of Excellence in Elementary Education: Content Knowledge
- Good Schools PA member, 10/02-4/03
Trainings and Professional Organizations
- The Common Core of a Whole Child Approach, ASCD Webinar, 11/22/11
- Common Core 101, ASCD Webinar, 11/9/11
- MakerBot Teacher Workshop, 10/29/11, Received training in 3D modeling programs.
- Completed training in Lindamood-Bell Learning Processess’ Seeing Stars, Visualizing and Verbalizing, and LiPS
- International Reading Association ((IRA) Member
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) Member
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Member
- Received training from Family Communications in techniques for helping young children learn appropriate ways to manage their anger. Also received training in ways to create an atmosphere in which children feel safe, focusing on those children who have witnessed violence.
- Received training in interpersonal dynamics and communication.
- Attended numerous professional development trainings including, but not limited to: Improving Your Observation Skills, Child Abuse and Neglect, Creating a Literacy Rich Environment, Positive Interactions for Successful Behavior Management in the Early Childhood Classroom, Singing Science and Healthy Beginnings, and Speaking Kindly to Children.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SMART Notebook, and general computing/technology.
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens training
Download Full Image