Pearl Developer Resume
This is a free Pearl Developer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Pearl Developer Job.
Pearl Developer Job Description
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
Sample Pearl Developer Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Pearl Developer
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Pearl Developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Developed various software's and received appreciations for them.
- Performed general backend Perl development on company's web application.
- Trained company personnel and clients on Perl specific system, along with installing and troubleshooting all software issues.
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Pearl Developer applying for a job would look like,
Netsphere, Chennai, 2007-Present
- Developed Internet domain auction website using Perl, MySQL, Apache, and CGI.
- Performed MySQL compilation and administration and performed routine maintenance and scripting work on other company websites.
Orbitz, Chennai, 2005-2006
- Created a Perl/CGI system for extracting and processing data from Oracle databases.
Webhire, Chennai, 2003-2004
- Refactored existing system for retrieving information from the main servers in Boston: cut time from a couple of hours to several minutes; eliminated need for additional hires; improved accuracy.
- Rewrote existing collection of programs and created a web browser interfaced system using Linux, Apache, HTML-Mason and Oracle 9.
DigitalWork, Chennai, 2002-2003
- Optimized and improved code and practices.
- Promoted to lead developer on internal customer service web application.
- Taught other employees and consultants Perl and regular expressions.
- Used Linux, Apache, modperl, HTML-Mason and Oracle 8i.
HR Sites, Chennai, 2001-2002
- Tested company's new web applications "IRecruiter" and "Internet Post".
- Created several programs written in Perl to extract data and create reports.
- Addressed errors in communication between the application and other websites.
- Used NT4.0, Perl and Tk.pm for GUI's.
Rand McNally, Chennai, 2000-2001
- Tested two software products and one new release for various software errors.
- Conducted tests in quality assurance, compatibility and usability.
- Executed pre-written test plans and performed informal unstructured testing.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Pearl Developer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- B.A(History (hons))
JNV University, Chennai, 2000.
- Advanced coursework in Perl "Packages, References, Objects and Modules"
Tom Phoenix Institute, Chennai, 2000.
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Pearl Developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Pearl Developer would look like,
- Awarded by CHIP Magazine as the best Perl developer of the year 2003.
- Member of the "Programmer World", a group that helps in the development of new ideas.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Pearl Developer could also look like,
Salary Range of a Pearl Developer
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 21000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2 Lakhs to 2.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $7500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Pearl Developer Interview Question
- What arguments do you frequently use for the Perl interpreter and what do they mean?
- What does the command ‘use strict' do and why should you use it?
- What do the symbols $ @ and % mean when prefixing a variable?
- What elements of the Perl language could you use to structure your code to allow for maximum re-use and maximum readability?
- What are the characteristics of a project that is well suited to Perl?
- Why do you program in Perl?
- Explain the difference between my and local.
- Explain the difference between uses and require.
- What's your favorite module and why?
- What is a hash?
- Write a simple (common) regular expression to match an IP address, e-mail address, city-state-zip code combination.
- What purpose does each of the following serve: -w, strict, -T?
- What are the difference between for & foreach, exec & system?
- Where do you go for Perl help?
- Name an instance where you used a CPAN module.
- How do you open a file for writing?