Senior Developer Resume
This is a free Senior Developer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Senior Developer Job.
Senior Developer Job Description
- Plans, schedules, and directs design of programs to process data and solve problems by use of computers.
- Consults with managerial and systems analysis personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
- Assigns, coordinates, and reviews work of programming personnel.
- This position typically reports to the IT Top Officer and manager-level personnel normally report to it.
- Designs programs from workflow charts or diagrams, considering factors, such as computer storage capacity and speed, extent of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
- Converts workflow charts to language that can be processed by computer.
Sample Senior Developer Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Senior Developer
I am seeking a new association with a company that can benefit from my expertise as a results-driven professional with a track record of success in researching, recommending, and delivering web and mobile solutions to meet evolving customer, business and market demands. I am confident in my ability to make an immediate and long-term contribution to any organization.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Senior Developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Results-driven professional with a distinguished career leading the architectural design, development and delivery of innovative and complex products, software and platforms to meet evolving market and business needs.
- Profound expertise in all facets of software development life cycle, from initial conceptual design and development through testing, implementation and enhancements.
- Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and detail orientation; able to plan and oversee projects from conception to successful conclusions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing and implementing out-of-the-box integrated IVR and web solutions. Skilled in Voice XML, CCXML, SMS and CTI integration.
- Natural communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills and ability to build produce and succeed.
- Pursuing Voice XML Certification
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Senior Developer applying for a job would look like,
Senior Software Developer
Jet Age Hallo, Mumbai, 2006 - Present
- Oversee the design, development, launch and continuous enhancement of Jet Age Hallo.
- Full accountability for researching, conceptualizing, designing, coding and enhancing multi-tiered Voice and SMS text-based mobile search consumer platform, comprised of Voice User Interface (VUI), voice portal channels, and back end data feeds and conduits, utilizing VXML, JSP, Cold Fusion MX, and MS SQL Server. Scope of responsibility spans requirements definition, software development and testing, team leadership, project management, client and partner relations, and problem analysis and resolution.
- Pivotal role in building next generation of mobile voice search with state-of-the-art recognition technology, enhancing the delivery of quality directory assistance, weather, sports scores, mobile coupons, and traffic and lottery results to consumers while delivering a revenue-generating medium for advertisers and merchants.
- Designed and implemented voice portal channels for sports, weather, mobile coupons and traffic, allowing consumers to access information via landlines and mobile phones. Subsequently integrated voice with SMS within the channels to deliver text-based search results to users´ mobile phone.
- Pioneered hyper local within the platform by integrating SMART AD Server and associated API´s, providing real-time delivery of dynamic voice ads to portal based on geographical location, category or keywords supplied.
- Built and manage IVR server infrastructure to support development, test and production environments, eliminating need to outsource platform hosting environment and reducing costs from Rs.1.50 to less than Rs.0.75 per minute.
- Architected middle-tier architecture and back-end data feeds and conduits, supplying voice portal in real-time.
- Created Speech Recognition Analysis tool for platform, enhancing the troubleshooting of issues.
SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Nuten Holding Company, Nasik, 2004 - 2006
- Recruited and given complete responsibility to automate and voice enable back-end mortgage processing systems to strengthen order processing and minimize account delinquency.
- Evaluated, defined and oversaw the complete engineering of web and client based applications into voice enabled solutions to seamlessly integrate into back-end Tempest systems and eliminate manual processes.
- Managed the full life cycle design and development of Voice User Interfaces (VUI), utilizing VXML, Cold Fusion and MS SQL Server. Procured, installed, configured and administered IVR systems.
- Led and mentored team of 6 Developers.
- Developed and implemented 4 outbound and inbound voice applications for titles, appraisals, foreclosures and inspection scheduling, reducing call center operational calls and associated costs by 60%.
- Designed inbound applications to allow independent dealers to update orders and provide status reports; and outbound applications to remind sales agents to schedule and update orders.
- Created custom modular reporting system to allow users to monitor orders and financials in real-time through remote scripting and XSL.
Dass & Associates, Nasik, 2003-2004
- Chosen to provide technical leadership and design innovative solutions to automate and enhance core financial, order processing and logistics operations.
- Collaborated extensively with clients to define business needs and deliver appropriate systems, applications and tools.
- Designed, developed, tested and delivered solutions, utilizing VXL, XML, XSL, XSLT and XPath.
- Led efforts to prototype a voice enabled tracking system, allowing customers to track logistics data in real-time on freight and inter-modal shipments.
- Built custom web interfaces and modularized order systems, minimizing developer´s timeframe in integrating new products from days to few minutes.
- Completely web enabled an accounting system to allow users remote accessibility while enhancing overall functionality, utilizing Web Services and Remote Scripting.
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Senior Developer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Diploma in Network Security Systems
National Institute of Technology, Mumbai 2002
- 2 Year certified course in Computer Information Systems
National Institute of Technology, Mumbai 2000
- M Sc. (I T )
Mumbai University Mumbai 1998
- B Sc.(IT)
Mumbai University Mumbai 1996
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Senior Developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Senior Developer would look like,
- Member of IT Solution team to Maharashtra Govt. IT Advisory Group.
- Honored by Mumbai Science Collage Doctorate.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Senior Developer could also look like,
Mr. Alex Joan
Sigma IT Solutions
Salary Range of a Project
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 40000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 4.50 Lakhs to 5.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $25500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Senior Developer Interview Question
- Describe the OSI model.
- What is the difference between a repeater, bridge, and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
- Describe an Ethernet switch and where it fits into the OSI model.
- What is a VLAN? What is an ELAN? What is the difference?
- Relate FDDI/ATM/SONET to the OSI model.
- Explain how to configure a host network interface (e.g. IP address, net mask, broadcast address)?
- Describe Ethernet packet contents: min/max size, header.
- Describe TCP/IP and its protocols.
- Describe ATM and what are its current advantages and disadvantages.
- Describe SONET.