Software Developer Resume
This is a free Software developer resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Software developer Job.
Software developer Job Description
- Responsible for writing and coding individual programmers from specific requirements.
- Led a software engineering team through compiler migration in a C-language switch application.
Sample Software developer resumes Template
Contact information (same in all)
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Software developer
To use my technical and business knowledge, to visualize and implement solutions to business problems via the development of software systems.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Software developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Ability to handle a team.
- Worked with International team on development of exports/imports of materials
- Trained company personnel and clients on computer specific system, along with installing and troubleshooting all software issues.
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the pot or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Software developer applying for a job would look like,
TEK Systems, Pune,2007- Present
Currently in a contract role in a small development team at Profit Stars in Pune. Responsibilities include:
- Writing design documents for new features and enhancements.
- Coding web service and database components in C++.
- Designing and coding Win Forms GUI applications and components in C#/.Net.
Senior Software Engineer
Telelogic, Hanover Building, Mumbai, 2004-2006
Worked as part of a small team on the DOORS requirements management tool. Responsibilities included:
- Working with product management to analyze user requirements and write system requirements.
- Developing design documents for new features.
- Coding in C++ (Visual Studio 6) and Telelogic´s proprietary DXL scripting language.
- Liaising with customer support and test teams to identify and resolve customer-reported defects.
- Technical lead on a project to add LDAP support across product range, coordinating development effort across global teams.
- Designed and developed an integration component with C# / .NET to synchronize large batches of data between DOORS and a third-party test management product.
Analyst / Programmer
ManTech ARL, Thane, Mumbai, 2000-2003
Position: Worked on a wide range of modules for the Pro Form document processing system.
- Designed core ActiveX and COM objects, writing both technical and user documentation.
- Integrated specialist third-party tools, including document scanning, character recognition, and image enhancement.
- Worked with customers and technical experts to resolve technical issues and craft custom solutions.
- Redesigned the product's SQL database layer; created an ADO-based abstraction
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Software developer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- BE. In Computer Science
MNIT Chennai, 2000.
- MCSE, Microsoft 2001. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP+I), and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Software developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Software developer would look like,
- Best Student award 1999 MNIT Chennai
- Best team leader award 2003 Telelogic, Hanover Building.
- Responsible for network rollout including SQL Servers, Eft(Electronic funds transfer) Server, Domain server, Workstations and Remote support services. Certificate, Business - 2006
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Software developer could also look like,
Salary Range of a Software developer
- The average salary received is approximately Rs.40000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 4.8 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $5500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Software developer Interview Question
- Can u test a website or a web application manually without using any automation tool?
· What tools are used in manual testing for bug tracking and reporting?
· At what stage in the SDLC testing should be started?
- What is mean by designing the application and coding the application?
- What is the best way to choose automation tool?
- What is the point of reference by which something can be measured?
1. Benchmark 2. Baseline 3. Metric 4. Measure 5. Indicator
- Did u come across STUBS and DRIVERS? How did u use these in u r project?