Sql Developer Resume
This is a free Sql developer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Sql developer Job.
Sql developer Job Description
- Responsibilities implementing database objects (Package, procedures, functions, triggers)
- Documenting models with metadata
- Creating data mappings and data dictionaries
- Understanding business data relationships
- Experience writing Complex SQL queries and PL/SQL
- Leadership, project management and time management.
Sample Sql developer Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Sql Developer
I want to work in a friendly environment where I can put my hard earned skills and talents to practice.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Sql developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Experience working on and deploying a diverse set of computer technologies and platforms including Microsoft, Unix/Linux and Mac Operating Systems and applications.
- A firm understanding of Business Analysis, Project Management concepts, tools and industry standards.
- Strong experience in analyzing and defining business processes.
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration and management of Oracle 8i, 9i and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 databases running on various versions of Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Experience in projects with superior analytical, organizational and planning and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle phase, Agile Development and Six Sigma Methodology.
- Excellent Programming skills and experience in Java, C# and other object oriented environments.
- Solid hands on experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Experience in network design and topology, setting up VLANS on Cisco Switches, using VLSM and cabling.
- Experience in the installation and configuration of Cisco Routers and Switches and applying various protocols including RIP, RIP v2, OSPF, EIGRP, TCP/IP.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Sql developer applying for a job would look like,
Computer World ltd., Pune, 2006-Present
- Overviewed and implemented internal controls including access to Manager's computer and money deposit safe box.
- Prepare detailed statistical reports in MS Access and MS Excel to track progress of weekly, monthly and quarterly customers and sales growth.
- Reviewed existing business procedures and recommended and implemented changes.
- Responsible for setting preferences for various ad-hoc requests and distribution of tasks.
- Suggested and implemented different marketing strategies to improve sales.
- Maintained Windows 2003 Server for small business.
- Update and maintain electronic stock records.
- Trouble shoot problems with the sales terminal including network related issues
- Train new employees in using the existing system.
Associate DBA/Database Developer
Mobilink Telecom, Mumbai, 2004 to 2006
- Member of the development team tasked with the expansion of the Database Management System in Oracle 9i to keep track of calls made outside the Mobilink network and cater for the needs of the Finance Department.
- Actively involved in the Design phase of the development; conducted detailed Data Modeling for the database to be developed. Responsible for both the creation of logical design as well as physical design in terms of physical configuration on the storage media.
- Developed procedures, functions and packages to implements the system's business logic using PL/SQL.
- Created database triggers and managed the subprograms and triggers.
- Reviewed data access controls and provided recommendations in improving the security.
- Analyzed, identified and implemented user roles and assigned relative database access privileges.
- Reviewed security around the database by monitoring the Critical Roles of the Oracle database.
- Trained managers in using the system, using reports and writing and executing complex queries.
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Sql developer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Bachelor of Science( Information Systems)
Science College, Hyderabad
- Diploma in Computer Sciences
RK University, Pune
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Sql developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Sql developer would look like,
- Awarded the Academic Achievement Scholarship for Advanced Diploma in Computer Science.
- NIIT Scholars Scholarship award for academic excellence.
- Award for managing a development team to supplement on-site team and work with various IT groups to provide professional consulting, on-boarding.
- Award for technical support for projects leveraging various technologies.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Sql developer could also look like,
Salary Range of a Sql developer
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 42000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 5 Lakes to 5.25 Lakes per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $6500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Sql developer Interview Question
- What's the difference between a primary key and a unique key?
- What are user defined data types and when you should go for them?
- Define candidate key, alternate key and composite key.
- Explain the architecture of SQL Server
- What is the system function to get the current user's user id?
- What is a self join? Explain it with an example.