Why change USA workers their jobs?
First of all they must themselves be clear about why you want to change your job currently and why you have done in the past on several occasions. Only then you can pack the reasons in a positive way and set out accordingly in convincing resume and interview. The most common reasons for job changes can be roughly divided by age of the person:
- In the 18- to 25-year-olds usually the salary is the biggest motivation for moving jobs.
- The 30- to 55-year-old deal increasingly with feelings of stress, over- or under-exposure and the lack of appreciation. The latter applies to workers on the 60- to 65-year-olds.
- In middle age, usually in the context of family formation, also private reasons are often the cause of job hopping.
- There are also health reasons, which often play a major role especially after 40 years.
- Recently, workers of all ages are unanimous on one point: The search for a new challenge at work.
No matter what reasons did your job change at the end, at least three years you should if possible stand in a company in order to explain the change later in an application sense can. You wonder now why exactly three years considered as a rule of thumb? It's simple: It involves the period, taking the major projects generally. One year is thereby estimated to incorporation, one to initiate the project and a final to bring this sustainable success and to leave positive footprints in companies. Changing jobs, so that take place after three or more years, can be a good case to the working rhythm of a project. That depends, of course, always on your industry from.
This means now do not that you should change every three years your job to make as quickly as possible career. On the contrary: About half of the high-level company executives look back on a classic house career.
Those who remain loyal to a group of his life, often makes faster and more career as the modern Jobhopper. A change of job should rather serve to improve the situation, be it from a financial, health or private perspective.
As career Turbo job change can not be designated. One obstacle however, they are not - at least not necessarily. Who chooses the right places and can justify its change in a job well, also has quite regular Jobhops a chance of career advancement. Recommended are then however rarer change, at best, every five to ten years.
Whether frequent job changes now conducive for career or an obstruction in the resume, is very closely connected with the age and vocational Station in career planning. Entrants will receive a so-called "grace period" . It is precisely at the beginning of the career the correct orientation must first be found in the workplace. A focus on priorities, a place of residence or the right employer is often associated at this time with a larger number of job changes. Yet, here too: In the interview , the question must be after the "Why"are well-founded. Keywords as "priority exchange" or "Expiration" , may be added in the same CV here quite.
For some recruiters this may be true, for others not. This is individually each of the industry, at the advertised position and on the nature and frequency of your job changes. The decisive factor is therefore not only the number of job changes. The traceability of your explanations and plausible choices for a positive-going career can move job changes in a positive light. On the other hand, experienced workers who repeated after a short time change jobs, quickly labeled as unreliable and erratic. Another important step is always the correct explanation:
Are the job change as economic conditions due to times of economic instability, the candidate can count on the understanding of the new company, because they are informed about the current situation on the labor market entirely. Add your application documents also all positive indications which will you have raised over the years. The classic is the job reference . When an employee receives, despite the frequent change consistently good grades, so the career is certainly more accepted as missing or average reviews.Especially helpful are also formulations that the employee for operational reasons has to leave the company and that this regrets the departure.
For what reasons have changed, how often and in which sector - all of which can now be represented positively or negatively in the application. So you know what to look for in your application, if you have already boast several job changes, and where the absolute No-Gos are, we have compiled the general rules for changing jobs in the application for you:
+ Make a common thread between the various stations on your resume visible and visually communicate so that the job change your professional orientation have served the purposes of a thoughtful career plan.Is there a constant? Then raise this yet apparent, for example, in bold.
+ Collect any similar sites or projects and make them as collected list in a period. They can then explain each project with bullet points and do not have to explain each site individually. This creates peace, relationships, and an optical advantage.
+ Count all points, but raise the really important and relevant stations out in your resume with brief descriptions, keywords or optical highlights. To achieve a visually pleasing result and do not have to justify afterwards due to lack of information or fear for your job.
+ Also, consider not only your resume needs to make a good impression, also the cover letter is one of them to an application. You can use this to your advantage and explain your numerous job changes directly in a short sentence. Justifications, however, are not necessary, especially not in a dismissal for operational reasons by the employer.
+ Go on terminations by the employer briefly when they are visible in the resume or job references. Put out the reasons short and factual.
+ While you may conceal any information, you can of course always at your plants and weed especially the job references. Should one not so good or is the termination by the employer clearly, so do not include it dear. To save yourself afterwards critical questions.
- But Omit never whole bodies. Not even if you have this carried out for two or three months. For should this sometime yet again come up for discussion, the employer may terminate legally without notice. The reason: They were hired under false pretenses.
- Many applicants choose to simply omit the month information of local organizations. But still the same year figures quickly fall into the eye and the one or other recruiters will critically examine why making incomplete information. This is anything but good for your image.
- Drain them to justify themselves for layoffs to look guilty or even speak badly about your previous boss.
- Answer any questions that were not asked. If the stations are not mentioned in your resume, you find another topic of conversation. This is otherwise only ultimately counterproductive.
- What is the best policy, is ultimately still honesty. Stand to your resume, please justify your job change as positive as possible and make sure that you answer questions authentically and consistently. If your information in the cover letter, the resume, the testimony and the cover interview, so you can convince as Jobhopper the HR of itself.
This gives you a glimpse of how the grounds of a job change in the covering letter or as bullet points in your resume could look, we have some examples for you collected:
- Since our store is closed at this location end of the quarter, I am looking for a new job in my field
- To specialize myself more on Shop Systems
- I would like to develop professionally
- Because of an impending takeover of the company and attendant restructuring, I am looking for a new challenge in my field
- Since the new location offered better working conditions and at the same time better remuneration
- Since my current position was not renewed
- To learn more about export and import
- After years of volunteer leadership activities, is also the professional exchange in this area for me
- In order to take more personnel responsibility
- For operational reasons, I could not be taken after training
- Since my working relationship is terminated due to bankruptcy of the company, I can temporarily take the place in your home
- Um ... to expand my knowledge of the industry towards
- After my family phase
- Since the new location more development opportunities offered
- Since my last employment was limited I could immediately start with you
- After years of part-time work in the area ... I would now fully relocate there my professional focus. Your body gives me the perfect opportunity for
- Through staff reductions as rationalization efforts, I lost my last workplace
- Because of the difficult economic situation in my current company, I can shortly begin with you
Tags: #Jobs Resume